Statesville Towing is a long established business, offering 24 hour emergency towing, medium duty towing services, jump start services, winch outs and more. Our team are proud to have served the community in Statesville NC for years, helping out in tricky situations, and always offering a high quality of service and a real pride in a job well done.
We know that if you’re calling for a towing service, it’s often because something has gone wrong. And if you’re not having a great day, the last thing you want is to have to wait around for hours until a tow truck arrives to help you get on your way. That’s why we offer a 24 hour service to get you moving again as quickly as possible, and focus on quick response times for all customers.
Our entire team at Statesville Towing know the importance of great customer service. And thanks to our focus on excellent customer care, good response times, and a willingness to go above and beyond to help our customers, we often find that our clients here in Statesville NC recommend us to their friends and family elsewhere. That’s why we have a growing customer base from Statesville and beyond.
If you would like to learn more about the towing services we offer, you’re in the right place. And if you want to know a bit more about what past clients have said about the service we offer, have a look at the customer testimonials available here on our website.
Some Interesting Facts About Towing:
In 1915/1916, Ernest Holmes, a mechanic from Chattanooga, enlisted six men to use ropes and blocks to tow vehicles. He determined later that they could tow cars easier by using a truck that was flat on the cargo end, hence coming up with the flatbed truck. Then he invented a type of crane that could lift cars that had been in accidents onto his tow trucks. In His hometown, There is a Museum dedicated to the history tow trucks located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The International Towing & Recovery Hall of Fame and Museum displays restored antique trucks, wreckers, tools, even other equipment, as well as pictorial histories of the industry Holmes created. They also keep most of us in this line of business updated on current events in the industry, and they help raise money each year to help prevent accidents and loss of on the road.
Many law enforcement officials credit tow truck owners & operators for keeping traffic moving along better. They keep the streets free of cars blocking major traffic areas.
Common names we use are: tow trucks, boom trucks, wrecker, self-loader, recovery truck, snatcher truck, quick pick truck, slide truck, roll back truck, rotator towing truck, breakdown truck
Flatbed tow trucks are the most commonly used in the United States. It is less likely the customers property will be injured, and flatbeds are more efficient in many situations.
The average operator of US owned towing trucks works at only an estimated 5% profit margin. That means that for every $20 in gross revenue our customers pay, our profit is only 1$, the other 95% of that revenue is going towards your trucking expenses as a basic estimate. These include things like truck payments, maintenance, fuel, insurance, permits, and hourly pay for some staff.
The military actually deploys tow trucks and wreckers for recovery of stranded vehicles. In the US Army, a type of the HEMTT truck is commonly used for this, called the M984 wrecker. For recovery in combat situations during combat many armies with large vehicle fleets also deploy heavy duty armour wrecker or tow trucks.These vehicles handle a similar role, but are resistant to heavy fire and capable of handling rough terrain with their deep tracks, and can manage to towing vehicles beyond the weight limits of wheeled wreckers, such as tanks as most are based on tank designs for this reason specifically.